Welcome to the Belmont Community Gardens! Here you can meet your garden-neighbors, ask questions, share tips, and pretty much anything else you’d like to do. We want to bring the Community back to our gardens, and by 2013, I’d love to know who everyone is! Here’s the community garden map.
Bring the Community Back to our Gardens!
After chatting with several people, there are a few ideas for this community. Let us know what interests YOU!
- Harvest Meet & Greets: meet up at the garden once a week. Trade produce, recipes, tips, you name it.
- Winter Seed Swap: Most seed packets have more seeds than I can use, and I’d love to coordinate orders and share.
- Garden Space Planning: Many of you have met Norm, he’s the person that took initiative to add a few more garden plots to the center of the garden area. Let’s not stop there… what can we do with the space by the fence that doesn’t get much light? Perhaps a plot for cutting flower? Everyone can donate seeds, and anyone can cut flower for their home! We could also make it a nice meet & greet area with picnic tables. What would you like?
Start by Introducing Yourself!
Leave a comment below and tell us who you are! Here’s a few suggestions to get you started:
- What plot do you have?
- How long have you been gardening?
- What’s a fun idea for the community to do?
- What is your top gardening tip, event, or recipe you’d like to share?
Sign up for email updates!
On the right hand side of this page, there’s a box to subscribe to this blog. That means you’ll be automatically notified when there is a new post. It’s VERY handy and not spammy. It’s automatically generated, so it can’t be used to spam you things. You only get it when new things are posted
It’s the best way to not miss out on meetups and other things that get posted.