You may have noticed, our garden tools are getting a little shabby, and we seem to have a few less than the past few years. I’d like to host a little fund raiser in spring at the garden so we can buy some more tools. I’ll call the newspaper to get it publicized, post on craigslist, etc. If you’re interesting in participating in any way, please let me know!
Here’s my idea for the event, please feel free to add your ideas as well. It would be 100% donation based. We can have the following things to offer the community:
- Seedlings of all kinds! I grow a lot of heirloom tomatoes that you can’t even find at nurseries. I’ll also grow extra basil and some other herbs, along with a bunch of fancy sunflowers.
- Farmers market guides (what’s in season & when, along with how to pick and store). Would need to get these printed and laminated
- Information! If anyone would like to show up and share their gardening expertise, I’m sure that people would love it.
- Crafty things: if anyone is crafty and makes cute pots, garden decor, or anything like that, great!
Where I need help:
- Growing seedlings! I can tell you how to do it for almost $0.00 if you are interested.
- Promotion: if anyone is friends with local business owners (sandwich shops etc), we can accept sponsorship on the farmers market guides. It’s much better when coming from someone they know, than a random walkin like me!
- A laminater: If I get farmers market guides printed, it would be ideal to get them laminated.
- Other ideas!
Goal: $500! If we can get 100 families to stop by and donate $5 each, that would be $500. And if we can get some business sponsorships on the farmers market guide, that’s another good source of funds. We can have a little get-together afterwards to decide how to spend the money.