I’m organizing compost delivery to the garden for $35 per cubic yard. If you’re interested in compost, email email@example.com with the amount of compost you want by Monday, Jan 13, end of day. I’ll follow up with payment and delivery details.
- The large garden plots that we have are 20’ x 5’9”. That 115 square feet.
- Most of our plots have side boards that are 9-12 inches tall. A lot of plots appear to be 3-5 inches short of the top of the boards.
- How many inches deep do you want compost?
- 3 inches deep (recommended for most plots) = 1 cubic yard
- 6 inches deep (good if your soil is very low) = 2 cubic yards
- For reference, here is a soil amendment report I got from a soil test a few years back. There is a section where they recommended quite a bit of compost.
ABOUT THE COMPOST:
It’s made of horse and chicken manure with wood chips, leaves and a few other things mixed in. It’s from a farm in morgan hill.